Danny Zamora Ph.D.
While he is originally from Santa Ana, California, Danny left home many years ago to pursue his love of math and teaching at the university level. He started out by attended the University of California Santa Cruz with the intention of teaching math in high schools, but soon realized upon reaching upper division math that he wanted to pursue a Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics. After graduating with his B.A. Danny decided to fulfill this dream by moving to Santa Barbara and enrolling in the Ph.D. program for the Department of Mathematics at the University of California Santa Barbara.
Danny is an energetic and friendly person who has had over six years of teaching and tutoring experience in both the Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz areas. He tutored for a year while an undergrad at UCSC, and has worked both as a Teaching Assistant for the Mathematics Department and a personal tutor throughout the last four years at UCSB. He has extensive experience working with high school and college level students in Calculus, Pre-Calculus, Algebra II, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, and Linear Algebra. While math and teaching is certainly Danny”s passion he also enjoys being outdoors and fly fishing in his free time. Danny currently serves as a Math Learning Specialist at MANU KAI Educational Services.
At a Glance!
- Ph.D. Applied Mathematics – University of California Santa Barbara
- M.A. Applied Mathematics – University of California Santa Barbara
- B.A. Mathematics – University of California Santa Cruz
- 8 years tutoring experience in the Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz areas
- 6 years as a teaching assistant for the Department of Mathematics at UCSB
- All Middle School, High School and College level math courses