Elvis Nunez M.Sc.
Elvis Nunez is a bilingual evolutionary biologist, international science educator and curriculum consultant. He currently holds the position as our Lead Educator and Science Learning & Curriculum Specialist. He teaches K-12 and university students in Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Geography, History, and Spanish. He also works with students on time-management, study skills and organization.
Elvis has a Master”s degree in Biology with a minor in Science Education from the University of Florida, where he graduated with top honors and was awarded the 2008-2009 UF Biology Teaching Award. He also has a Bachelor”s in Marine Science with minors in Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics from the University of Hawaii at Hilo. Over the last seven years, Elvis” portfolio has grown to include cancer research at the University of Michigan Medical Center; genetics research at the University of Hawaii at Hilo; conservation projects at Marine Reserves in Belize and Hawaii; fossil excavations in Florida; geochemistry lab work and research as well as biology curriculum consultations with the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) and the University of the West Indies. Elvis has almost a decade of teaching experience working with students from multiple cultures and learning abilities in Florida, California and Hawaii. He is sensitive to the needs of students, particularly those with disabilities. His personal goal as a biologists and science educator is to merge his research findings and content expertise with alternative teaching strategies in an effort to make science more relevant and meaningful to teachers, students and the community.
At a Glance!
- M.Sc. Biology. Minor: Science Education – University of Florida
- B.A. Marine Science. Minor: Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry – University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Several years teaching experience in California, Hawaii, New York and Belize
- Several Years of Educational Research in Central America and the Caribbean
- Currently a Reviewer for the Caribbean Examination Council 2013 Biology Syllabus
- Basic Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I & II, Trigonometry, Geometry, Statistics, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Environmental Science, Marine Biology, Spanish, English, Economics, Education, Humanities, Social Sciences